Search This Blog

Monday 21 May 2012

Cobwebs


My textile work is developed from my interest in everyday materials and the complex techniques involved in the process of bobbin lace making, investigating our natural environment and the elements of it that may often be overlooked or disregarded. My work highlights the unnoticed splendours of nature, and represents the effects of time upon them. My current piece employs line, form and texture to emphasis the small meticulous objects being explored. It is important for me to combine the technique of bobbin lace making with aged or recycled materials. The works in this series create a stage for the abandoned objects from our environment by juxtaposing a forgotten craft with contemporary ideas, focusing on the importance of light and reflectivity.

Here are a few pictures of my progress
 

No comments:

Post a Comment